Reduce Your Tax Bill and Support CGT!
How State Tax Credits Work for You and for Us
Arizona taxpayers have the opportunity to redirect some of their state income taxes to a variety of charities, including the Community Gardens of Tucson, through use of the annual Arizona tax credit program. Five great things to know about this amazing program are:
- You do not need to itemize to claim the tax credit;
- Single, head of household, or married filing separately can contribute up to $400, and married filing jointly can contribute up to $800;
- This credit can be claimed in addition to tax credits for gifts to public and private schools;
- Credits are eligible for contributions made up to the new extended deadline May 17, 2021; and
- Every dollar you claim goes directly to CGT and will immediately be put to work in support of our mission and programs!
- Make your donation to CGT using our secure form here.
- Then, when you prepare your state taxes all you need to do is complete a 2020 AZ State Tax Form 321 and be sure to enter CGT’s unique code: 22252. Your tax liability will be decreased thanks to your gift to CGT!
For more information, please visit the AZ Department of Revenue Website.
Thank you for your generous support in our work to make the world a better place through community gardens!
Community Gardens of Tucson Tax Credit Fact Sheet
- How much credit can I take that will be donated to charity?
A credit of up to $800 for those filing as “married filing joint” and up to $400 for all other filers is available for cash contributions to a Qualifying Charitable Organization, such as CGT.
- Do I have to itemize deductions to claim a credit for contributions to charities?
- Is this donation a dollar-for-dollar tax credit off my Arizona State taxes?
Yes. Up to the maximum yearly donations set by the state, this donation is a dollar-for-dollar tax credit off your Arizona State Taxes.
- What organizations can receive a Qualified Charitable Organization (QCO) Tax Credit Donation?
Only organizations that have been approved by the State of Arizona to operate as QCO. A list of organizations that are approved to receive these funds, which includes Community Gardens of Tucson, can be found here.
- Can a taxpayer claim multiple tax credits in the same taxable year?
- What form should an individual use to claim these credits?
Arizona Form 321 Don’t forget to use our Code 22252!
- Can a taxpayer receive a refund of these credits?
No. The credits may only be used to the extent they reduce a tax liability to zero. Any unused amounts may be carried forward for up to five consecutive taxable years.
Should you have questions we recommend that you consult with your tax advisor, CPA, or the Arizona Department of Revenue.
Community Gardens of Tucson
5049 E Broadway, Suite 300
Tucson, AZ 85711
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
CGT recognizes the historical injustices perpetrated upon the Indigenous people of the Tucson Basin. We honor and celebrate the cultures and contributions of those whose land we now garden on.