Gardening Together Safely: COVID-19 Guidelines Update
To our Community Gardens of Tucson (CGT) Gardeners,
Update: Please continue to stay safe! Small gatherings are allowed in our gardens, provided face masks are worn by all participating and social distancing is maintained. See you in the garden!
As the Tucson community continues to deal with the impacts of COVID-19, the CGT Board of Directors are committed to the health and well-being of our Site Coordinators, gardeners, contractors, other volunteers, and organizations who we interact with. While gardens will remain open, please take responsibility for your own and the community’s safety by adhering to the following guidelines.
- Please do not come to the garden if you are feeling at all ill.
- If you are ill or would like to remain home during this time and need help caring for your garden, please contact your Site Coordinator to arrange help.
- Maintain an appropriate distance (6 ft) from other gardeners when you are at your garden.
- Covering mouths and noses with a face mask when in the garden with others is recommended.
- Small gatherings or garden meetings can be held PROVIDED social distancing can be maintained AND all attending wear face masks.
- Planned volunteer days may be held PROVIDED social distancing can be maintained AND all participants wear face masks.
- Guidelines to be in place until otherwise directed.
With these guidelines in mind, we do encourage you to spend time in your garden. As many of you have noted, our community gardens can provide much solace and sanity when everything else is so disrupted. They provide a great environment for you to have minimal, distant contact with others, relieve some stress, grow (and harvest) food and be outdoors.
First and foremost, take care of yourselves during this time. Your health and safety are our top priority during the days ahead. Practice the simple measures that have been identified to protect ourselves and others, and certainly stay home if you feel ill.
Thanks for continuing the CGT gardening tradition in this difficult time. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
CGT Board of Directors
Community Gardens of Tucson
5049 E Broadway, Suite 300
Tucson, AZ 85711
CGT recognizes the historical injustices perpetrated upon the Indigenous people of the Tucson Basin. We honor and celebrate the cultures and contributions of those whose land we now garden on.