At last week’s Site Coordinator meeting we discussed strategies that coordinators have tried to keep their gardens full. Some ideas included:
- making signs to stake around the garden site
- using Nextdoor (a private neighborhood based social media site) to post when plots are available
- collaborate with the property owner (school, church, community center) to promote the garden
- put flyers in businesses that might attract gardener types (GD2 signs at the Racquet Club)
- chat it up (we could use a good elevator speech)
- use the mass media: story in the Caliente, communication via KXCI, etc. make an event to make it newsworthy that could then be promoted
If any of you has tried something recently that might have been effective (or ineffective) please share!